POSITION TITLE: Accountant
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: CFO
DATE: July 2021
WORK LOCATION: MidPointe Cincinnati
Position is responsible for financial and operating data integrity including maintenance of general ledger and ensuring compliance with financial policies, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Uniform Grant Guide and other requirements as determined by funders. Position is responsible for grant billing and expense reporting. Position will assist with financial reporting and budgeting.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain the general ledger and facilitate timely and accurate reporting, including
- Ensuring financial transactions are recorded and are accurate and timely in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and in compliance of federal contract requirements, donor designations, laws, regulations and other contractual terms and conditions.
- Assisting with the timely and accurate processing of financial transactions, including revenues, expenses, payroll processing, accounts receivable, invoicing, cash receipts, accounts payable, cash disbursements, credit card disbursements, prepaid expense.
- Conduct accurate and timely monthly financial close including month-end journal entries and account reconciliations including
- Ensuring that every significant general ledger account is reconciled to supporting documentation and schedules each month in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensuring that all investment transactions, including dividend and interest income and realized and unrealized gains and losses are recorded in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensuring that program revenue and expenditures are properly coded in compliance with grant requirements
- Assist CFO with preparing monthly financial statements
- Maintain a grant/contract management process which to control and streamline reporting and billing for the various funding sources of agency programs; this includes requests for funding, interim and final reporting to funders, and billing. Responsibilities include
- Preparation of invoices, assist with preparation of financial and operating reports, assist with contract audits
- Provide ongoing progress reports on the use of funds compared to budget for program managers
- Process monthly credit card bill including matching receipts, coding and posting monthly journal entry.
- Generate regular billing for Language Services program. Assist in reconciling Language Services payroll, post cash receipts, maintain accounts receivable sub-ledger and all Language Services program accounts.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Associate’s degree in Accounting, Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field is strongly preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in a general accounting environment,
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word; excellent keyboarding
- Proven track record in financial system development/maintenance
- Proven organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize workload
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with ability to work collaboratively
- Attention to detail
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Previous experience with Paycor payroll processing
Employees of Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio will have knowledge of the Catholic faith, a willingness to work for a Catholic, faith-based agency and adhere to the policies of Catholic Charities. Employees will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
Typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues.
Must be able to meet the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment
- Talk to other employees/clients and hear them
- See and be able to read, write, and interpret written documents
- Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 15 pounds
Please submit resumes to [email protected]. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.