POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Refugee Resettlement Services
REPORTS TO: Director of Refugee Resettlement Services
WORK HOURS: 37.5 Hours Per Week
DATE: March, 2023
WORK LOCATION: MidPointe Cincinnati
The Administrative Assistant provides refugee resettlement services by assisting the program staff with organization, paperwork, client triage, referrals, data management, continuous quality improvement and reporting. The position is responsible for ensuring incoming calls are answered and callers are directed to the appropriate staff member when a specific staff person is not requested. Under the direction of the Refugee Resettlement Director and in coordination with program staff this position will ensure client services are accurately reported and monitored in the appropriate data base system.
Essential Job Functions:
- Receives all phone calls for the resettlement staff where a specific person is not requested, screen, triage and direct calls to appropriate staff member.
- Provide general information about the Refugee Resettlement program and services it offers to callers and visitors.
- Assist staff by creating case files, pre-filling forms and ensuring effective process for client file management.
- Maintain, support and enter data for all Refugee Resettlement programs into databases. Create, extract and distribute reports from client database system.
- Serves as department lead for agency client database system.
- Track outcomes for Refugee Resettlement grants. Prepare reports as requested. Ensure monthly completion of staff time sheets for grant billing.
- Update and maintain client case files and client database systems.
- Review cases for Continuous Quality Improvement and chart compliance.
- Oversee the administration, input and reporting of client satisfaction surveys.
- Oversee the sign-out of agency vehicles and car seats.
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Refugee Resettlement.
- Attend Quarterly Consultation meetings and take meeting minutes.
- Manage electronic weekly calendar of Refugee Resettlement activities and services.
- Assist with volunteer scheduling and onboarding of new volunteers.
- Order, receive and distribute office supplies for Refugee Resettlement staff members.
- Order, distribute and keep inventory of bus passes and gift cards.
- Perform clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing and filing.
- Coordinate logistics for Refugee Resettlement special events.
- Provide case triage for walk-in clients.
- Back-up agency front desk staff.
- Other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required,
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point) and aptitude to quickly learn other software applications.
- Knowledge of and experience with office management systems and procedures.
- Proficient in online client database systems.
- Excellent standard keyboarding skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage workflow and prioritize workload.
- Culturally competent with diverse, international clients and individuals with limited English proficiency.
- Must be accurate, detail oriented and organized.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and planning skills.
- English required, foreign language skills a plus.
- Valid driver’s license.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience working with Salesforce
- Proficiency in a foreign language native to refugee populations, such as Swahili, Kinyarwanda, Arabic, French, Tigrinya, Pashto, Dari, Ukrainian, Russian, Spanish
Employees of Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio will have knowledge of the Catholic faith, a willingness to work for a Catholic, faith-based agency and adhere to the policies of Catholic Charities. Employees will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
Typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues.
Must be able to meet the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment
- Talk to other employees/clients and hear them
- See and be able to read, write, and interpret written documents
- Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 15 pounds
Please submit resumes to email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.