POSITION TITLE: Bilingual Administrative Assistant
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Immigration Legal Services
REPORTS TO: Director of Immigration Legal Services
DATE: December 2021
WORK LOCATION: MidPointe Cincinnati
The Administrative Assistant will provide immigration legal services by managing referrals, assisting potential clients with completing intakes, and ensuring incoming calls are answered and callers are directed to the appropriate staff member. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for assisting the program staff with incoming mail, case management, and data tracking. Under the direction of the Immigration Legal Services Director and in coordination with program staff this position will ensure client services are accurately reported and monitored in the appropriate data base system. The Administrative Assistant will also perform a supporting role for the administration of the Safe Release Support Program.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides welcome and initial reception to clients, volunteers, and other visitors to the seventh floor of the Catholic Charities offices located at Mid-Pointe Tower.
- Manages ILS intake process by conducting intake with potential clients and submitting completed intakes to the ILS Director, reviewing voicemail messages, adding call data to the Hotline Tracking Report, returning calls or forwarding messages to appropriate individuals.
- Manages internal referral list in Salesforce and provides referrals to other departments within Catholic Charities and to outside agencies and law offices, as-needed.
- Completes data entry to ensure accurate record-keeping for Immigration Legal Services and the Safe Release Support program.
- Updates intake reports when case acceptance decisions are made and legal service fee waivers are granted by ILS Director.
- Provides clerical support by creating physical files for cases accepted for legal services and distributing physical files to ILS advocates assigned to the respective case as well as digital files in ILS case management system.
- Communicates with Safe Release Support program caseworkers to schedule fingerprint appointments for potential sponsors of unaccompanied immigrant children and manages the calendar of the Safe Release Support Specialists.
- May serve as an interpreter when language skills are applicable for case services.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Maintains confidentiality and appropriately handles sensitive information in compliance with legal ethical standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point) and aptitude to quickly learn other software applications.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage workflow and prioritize workload.
- Must be accurate, detail oriented and organized.
- Culturally competent with diverse, international clients and individuals with limited English proficiency.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Spanish.
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Two years working in human services or an office environment.
- Knowledge of and experience with office management systems and procedures.
Employees of Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio will have knowledge of the Catholic faith, a willingness to work for a Catholic, faith-based agency and adhere to the policies of Catholic Charities. Employees will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
Typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues.
Must be able to meet the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment
- Talk to other employees/clients and hear them
- See and be able to read, write, and interpret written documents
- Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 15 pounds
Please submit resumes to [email protected]. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.