POSITION TITLE: Bilingual Administrative Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Family Development and Mental Health Services
REPORTS TO: Family Development Services Director
WORK HOURS: 20 Hours Per Week
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SUPERVISORY STATUS: No
WORK LOCATION: Hamilton
DATE: September 2023
This position includes a variety of clerical duties that support programs based out of the Hamilton office. This position requires skill in planning, organizing, and coordinating the delivery of client care by all staff personnel as well as the coordination of day-to-day office activities.
Essential Job Functions:
1.Perform clerical tasks as requested by Family Development Services Director and Mental Health Director (e.g., make copies, send faxes, mail letters, order supplies, etc.)
2. Assist with entering information into Salesforces for Family Development Services and Mental Health Services.
3. Assist Family Development Services with Spanish Parenting Education classes including participant recruitment, registration, and implementation of class sessions.
4. Maintain adequate supply of forms needed for Mental Health Clients and Family Development Services. Keep file cabinets containing forms in proper order.
5. Make weekly bank deposit and maintain adequate supply of change (smaller bills and coins) in change box and get change from the bank as needed.
6. Assist MHS clients who come to office for appointments.
7. Assist individuals who walk into office seeking information or services.
8. Check MHS voicemail and forward messages to MHS Staff as needed.
9. Assist MHS Intake Coordinator with adding clients to MHS wait list.
10. Assist with collection of client satisfaction surveys.
Qualifications and Skills Requirements:
1. High School Diploma, GED or equivalent is desired.
2. Bilingual in English/Spanish
3. Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
4. Word processing and data entry skills
5. Sensitivity toward individuals with mental health/substance abuse disorders
1. Previous administrative experience in a social services or medical setting is preferred.
Employees of Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio will have knowledge of the Catholic faith, a willingness to work for a Catholic, faith-based agency and adhere to the policies of Catholic Charities. Employees will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
Typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues.
Must be able to meet the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment
- Talk to other employees/clients and hear them
- See and be able to read, write, and interpret written documents
- Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 15 pounds
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.