POSITION TITLE: Bilingual Administrative Assistant
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Su Casa Hispanic Center
REPORTS TO: Director, SuCasa Hispanic Center
WORK HOURS: 37.5 Hours Per Week
DATE: May 2021
WORK LOCATION: MidPointe Cincinnati
The Bilingual Administrative Assistant will assume accountability for the management of the front desk and reception area of the Su Casa Hispanic Center. This position is responsible for ensuring incoming calls are answered and callers are directed to the appropriate staff member. Under direction of the Su Casa Director and in coordination with program staff ensure clients’ intake information is accurately reported in the appropriate data base system.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage the front desk and reception area to ensure a professional image of Su Casa Hispanic Center is maintained.
- Answer telephone calls and listen to voicemail messages, screen and direct calls to appropriate staff member.
- Greet visitors and clients to Su Casa and direct them to their correct destination.
- Provide general information about Su Casa and the services it offers to callers and visitors.
- Maintain the reception area ensuring that it is neat and clean and brochures and materials are in stock.
- Maintain, support and enter data for all Su Casa programs into the database. Create audit reports and resolve any discrepancies. Extract and distribute reports from database for internal and external use.
- Oversee the administration, input and reporting of the client satisfaction surveys.
- Provide Administrative Support to Director of Su Casa Hispanic Center.
- Manage an electronic annual calendar of Su Casa activities and services.
- Order, receive and distribute office supplies and business cards for Su Casa staff members.
- Perform clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing and filing.
- Monitor and track departmental expenses purchased with credit card. Ensure expenses are billed to the correct program within Su Casa.
- Plan events, assist with the logistics, and travel to Su Casa special events, such as MARCC ID Drives, The Adopt A Family Program, and support the Su Casa Annual Gala efforts. Some weekends required.
- Makes badges for all staff and volunteers within CCSWO
- Work collaboratively with other Catholic Charities programs on common administrative efforts that impact the full agency
- Other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar administrative position/environment.
- Fluent in Spanish and English both oral and
- Culturally competent of the Hispanic/Latino Immigrant
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Database management.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage workflow and prioritize workload.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- State Motor Vehicle Operator’s License that meets CCSWOH current carrier guidelines.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Previous experience in event planning and management
Employees of Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio will have knowledge of the Catholic faith, a willingness to work for a Catholic, faith-based agency and adhere to the policies of Catholic Charities. Employees will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
Typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues.
Must be able to meet the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment
- Talk to other employees/clients and hear them
- See and be able to read, write, and interpret written documents
- Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 40 pounds
Please submit resumes to [email protected]. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.