POSITION TITLE: Bilingual Case Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non- Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Su Casa
REPORTS TO: Case Management Supervisor
DATE: November 2022
WORK LOCATION: MidPointe Cincinnati
Position provides intensive case management services to newly arriving families and unaccompanied children from Latin America. Case manager provides assessment of family’s needs, development of individualized service plan, and case management to eliminate identified barriers. Case manager works collaboratively with community and internal partners to establish a continuum of care for families and youth to meet their most pressing needs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Outreach to identified Latino communities to identify newly arriving families and youth for case management services.
- Complete intake and assessments on all families and individuals assigned to case load within 7 business days of referral, in a location that is convenient to those served.
- Develop family-centered individualized service plans for all families and youth on assigned case load. Assist families and youth to achieve the goals identified in the individualized service plan by working with the families to eliminate barriers.
- Connect families to community resources to help them address needs that benefit their daily functioning.
- Maintain case files with the required documentation standards per program guidelines. Complete case notes for all client interactions and ensure information is entered into the electronic program database in a timely manner per documentation guidelines.
- Track all referrals and support of clients and complete all documents required for proper referral.
- Encourage the utilization of Catholic Charities and community network resources to forward the best interests of those served.
- Maintain proper communication with individuals and families served, partners, agencies, CCSWO, and the community.
- Other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in social work, sociology, psychology, or another related field required
- Demonstrated knowledge of local community social services, ability to work with partners and groups, knowledge about family preservation, kinship care and child welfare, and experience working with immigrant populations
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, both oral and written, in English and Spanish
- A valid driver’s license, proof of auto insurance, and access to a personal vehicle will be required
- Proficient in utilization of electronic record keeping and Microsoft Office Suite
Typical office environment with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues.
Must be able to meet the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment
- Talk to other employees/clients and hear them
- See and be able to read, write, and interpret written documents
- Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 15 pounds
About Catholic Charities and Organizational Responsibility:
For more than 100 years, Catholic Charities has served the Archdiocese of Cincinnati. Our programs have changed over the years, but our commitment to serve the poor, protect the vulnerable and welcome the stranger has not wavered. Our mission is to Serve, Enlighten and Empower. We serve local families and change local lives.
Employees of Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio will have knowledge of the Catholic faith, a willingness to work for a Catholic, faith-based agency and adhere to the policies of Catholic Charities. Employees will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
Catholic Charities Southwest Ohio is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.