POSITION TITLE: Bilingual Health Promotion Systems Navigator
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Su Casa Hispanic Center
REPORTS TO: Health Promotion Supervisor, Su Casa
Hours: 25 hours per week
DATE: September, 2022
WORK LOCATION: Cincinnati, MidPointe
The Bilingual Health Promotion Systems Navigator will assist Hispanic/Latino low-income individuals in gaining access to health care services available. In addition to the standard functions of the Health Promotion Systems Navigator, this position will focus on assessing the health-related needs of clients and connects them to health homes for: mental health, primary care, vision, and dental care.
The Health Promotion Systems Navigator assists individuals and families in situational challenges present due to poverty, immigration status, language/cultural barriers, and challenges navigating the health care system in the community. The Health Promotion System Navigator will refer clients internally and/or externally for additional services as needed.
The Bilingual Health Systems Navigator will support the programs: Buckle up for life, Madres Classes, annual projects with UC Medical Students, Health events and Latino Mental Health Navigator Project.
Essential Job Functions:
- Become familiar with health care and social service programs available to the Hispanic/ Latino community in the Greater Cincinnati area.
- Provide services to individuals and families such as: information and referrals, sight translation and filling out of documents regarding payment plans and financial assistance for hospitals, as well as notary services.
- Link individuals and families to health homes including, primary care, mental health, dental, and vision.
- Registration and scheduling for women preventative health care such as mammography, pap smears screenings.
- Buckle- up program classes with parents and car seat installations. Required to get the National Child Passenger Safety Certification.
- Support the Su Casa Community Outreach events/Health Fairs..
- Supporting the Latino Mental Health Navigator Project. Coordinating client care with primary care providers and behavioral health providers, and tracking linkage to services.
- Document services provided in the appropriate format for internal and external requirements.
- Other duties assigned by immediate supervisor
Qualification and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in social work, health promotion, or related field
- Fluent in Spanish and English both oral and written
- Intermediate level of computer skills.
- Has valid notary license or is willing to get one.
Employees of Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio will have knowledge of the Catholic faith, a willingness to work for a Catholic, faith-based agency and adhere to the policies of Catholic Charities. Employees will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
Typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues.
Must be able to meet the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment;
- Helping bringing donations from first floor to the storage room ( P&G donations, Pack and plays, car seats and others)
- Talk to other employees/clients and hear them;
- See and be able to read, write, and interpret written documents;
- Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 15 pounds.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.