POSITION TITLE: Bilingual Support Services
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Language Services
REPORTS TO: Consumer Relations and Scheduling Specialist
DATE: December 2022
WORK LOCATION: Montgomery Office
WORK HOURS: 19 Hours per week
This position provides office support for Accuracy Now Scheduling team and Spanish interpretation services to the clients of Accuracy Now. The position will also assist with projects, special events, and administrative tasks.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist scheduling team with responding to interpretation requests submitted via phone and email in a timely manner.
- Receive incoming calls for the department. Answer questions or direct calls to the appropriate staff member.
- Accurately and efficiently input scheduling requests into scheduling system.
- Assist with ensuring all appointments have an interpreter assigned and provide the service requester with pertinent information in a timely fashion.
- Make reminder calls to interpreters regarding scheduled appointments and verification of appointments.
- Assist with verifying interpreters’ timesheets and payroll according to department procedure.
- Receive and communicate consumer concerns, and assist with problem resolution as instructed.
- Provide accurate, impartial, transparent and professional Spanish interpreting services per the National Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice for Medical Interpretation.
- Reliably travel locally to varied contracted locations, arriving on time as scheduled for appointments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills Required:
- High School Diploma/GED required, some college preferred
- Proficiency in English & Spanish
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Willing and able to maintain compliance with contractual vaccine requirements per our contracts
- Must be accurate, detail-oriented, and organized
- Flexibility and multitasking skills for independent daily management
- Demonstrated ability to work with individuals from various cultural backgrounds
- Superior customer service skills
- Must have reliable transportation
- Valid Driver’s license
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
Experience working with Fluency scheduling software for interpreters
Typical office environment with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues.
Must be able to meet the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment
- Talk to other employees/clients and hear them
- See and be able to read, write, and interpret written documents
- Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 15 pounds
About Catholic Charities and Organizational Responsibility:
For more than 100 years, Catholic Charities has served the Archdiocese of Cincinnati. Our programs have changed over the years, but our commitment to serve the poor, protect the vulnerable and welcome the stranger has not wavered. Our mission is to Serve, Enlighten and Empower. We serve local families and change local lives.
Employees of Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio will have knowledge of the Catholic faith, a willingness to work for a Catholic, faith-based agency and adhere to the policies of Catholic Charities. Employees will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
Catholic Charities Southwest Ohio is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.