POSITION TITLE: Case Manager–Refugee Support Services
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Refugee Resettlement Services
REPORTS TO: Case Management Supervisor, Refugee Resettlement Services
WORK HOURS: 37.5 Hours Per Week
DATE: September 2021
WORK LOCATION: MidPointe Cincinnati
Under direction, this position provides case management services to refugees and families. This position assesses individual and family needs and provides case management to eliminate barriers that are identified through the creation of a family self-sufficiency plan and individual employment plan. This position works collaboratively with community and internal partners to establish a continuum of care for refugees and their families served through the program. This position assists with serving secondary migrants, asylees and refugees outside of their initial Reception & Placement period as needed to promote self-sufficiency.
Essential Job Functions:
- Complete intake and assessments on clients assigned to case load within required time frames set forth in Refugee Support Services protocol.
- Develop family centered self-sufficiency plans for clients on assigned case load. Assist clients in achieving the targets identified in the plan by working with them to eliminate barriers.
- Develop individual employment plans for adult members of assigned case load. Assist clients in achieving the targets identified in the plan by working with them to eliminate barriers.
- Connect clients to public benefits and Agency services, including Medicaid, Food Stamps, Housing, ESL and Employment services, and ensure an understanding of how to access them after case management services end.
- Connect clients to community resources to help address needs and benefit their daily living (i.e. food pantries, thrift stores, faith communities)
- Meet with walk-in clients during designated hours to assess service needs, enroll in program services and provide community referrals.
- Ensure case files, both paper and electronic, are kept up to date with the required documentation as set forth in grant and program guidelines.
- Complete case notes for all client interactions and ensure information is entered into the program database and the State database systems in a timely manner per documentation policy procedures.
- Maintain communication and cultural understanding with clients, between clients and partners, the Agency, and the community.
- Provide case management services to secondary migrants, asylees, parolees and refugees to reduce barriers to employment and promote self-sufficiency.
- Collaborate with Refugee Resettlement Services staff as needed to ensure that clients are receiving the services they need to achieve their goals.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in social services or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of cultures, partners and groups; excellent communication skills, organizational and facilitation abilities.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work with varying client needs and clients from other cultures
- Ability to work well in team environment
- English required, foreign language skills a plus.
- Proficient in computer-based client database systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience working in refugee resettlement or with refugee/immigrant populations
- Proficiency in a foreign language native to refugee populations, such as Swahili, Kinyarwanda, Arabic, French, Tigrinya
Employees of Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio will have knowledge of the Catholic faith, a willingness to work for a Catholic, faith-based agency and adhere to the policies of Catholic Charities. Employees will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
Typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues.
Must be able to meet the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment
- Talk to other employees/clients and hear them
- See and be able to read, write, and interpret written documents
- Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 25 pounds
Please submit resumes to [email protected]. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.