POSITION TITLE: Community Co Sponsorship Coordinator
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Refugee Resettlement
REPORTS TO: Director of Refugee Resettlement
DATE: July 2023
WORK LOCATION: MidPointe Cincinnati
The Community Co-Sponsorship Coordinator will oversee two distinct areas of Refugee Resettlement Services: 1) co-sponsorship relationships with volunteer groups, and 2) cultural orientation for the Reception and Placement Program. The coordinator empowers local groups of volunteers to be actively engaged in the resettlement and welcoming of new arrival refugees. The coordinator will work alongside the refugee resettlement team, the volunteer coordinator, and the parish and community engagement coordinator to build a network of groups empowered to assist with resettlement efforts through Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio. Cultural orientation is a requirement of Reception & Placement. Cultural orientation will be organized by the coordinator and implemented primarily by volunteers and co-sponsorship groups.
Essential Job Functions:
- Have and maintain a good understanding of the Reception & Placement (R&P) core services and work collaboratively with RRS staff to ensure R&P core services are accomplished within the time frames set forth in the Cooperative Agreement.
- Assist with recruitment, vetting, and onboarding of volunteers and sponsorship groups.
- Provide oversight of volunteer teachers and sponsors.
- Monitor program activities, tracking progress toward key objectives, identify potential problems, and help mitigate potential risks.
- Implement monitoring and quality improvement efforts
- Provide training and ongoing technical support to sponsorship groups to include topics such as professional boundaries, cultural competency/humility, benefits eligibility and applications, housing standards, airport pick up, food assistance, social security application, enrollment in ESOL, school enrollment, cultural orientation, and transportation assistance, among other potential topics.
- Complete written agreement with sponsors
- Ensure cultural orientation meets the requirements set forth in the Cooperative Agreement and follows the RRS Cultural Orientation Policy
- Provide cultural orientation to refugees to ensure their understanding of all topics; complete the cultural orientation assessment
- Collaborate with refugee resettlement case managers to remove barriers to cultural orientation attendance
- Track individual refugee attendance and completion of cultural orientation topics
- Empower volunteers to lead cultural orientation classes
- Empower co-sponsor groups to help complete cultural orientation requirements
- Ensure documentation of co-sponsorship activities and cultural orientation are completed in case file and client database system
- Prioritize accompaniment, oversight, and continuing education for volunteers
- Other duties, as assigned
Minimum Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience managing volunteers and/or staff
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, both oral and written, in English.
- A valid driver’s license, proof of auto insurance, and access to a personal vehicle will be required.
- Proficiency in electronic record keeping and Microsoft Office Suite.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Demonstrated knowledge of the local community, resources, and potential partners.
Typical office environment with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues.
Must be able to meet the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment
- Talk to other employees/clients and hear them
- See and be able to read, write, and interpret written documents
- Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 15 pounds
About Catholic Charities and Organizational Responsibility:
For more than 100 years, Catholic Charities has served the Archdiocese of Cincinnati. Our programs have changed over the years, but our commitment to serve the poor, protect the vulnerable and welcome the stranger has not wavered. Our mission is to Serve, Engage and Empower. We serve local families and change local lives.
Employees of Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio will have knowledge of the Catholic faith, a willingness to work for a Catholic, faith-based agency and adhere to the policies of Catholic Charities. Employees will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
Catholic Charities Southwest Ohio is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.