POSITION TITLE: Consumer Relations and Scheduling Coordinator
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Language Services
REPORTS TO: Language Services Director
WORK HOURS: 37.5 Hours Per Week
DATE: April 2023
WORK LOCATION: Cincinnati
This position is responsible for maintaining positive consumer relations; ensuring interpreting appointments are scheduled accurately and are performed on time and supervising the administrative support for the Language Services Department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Receive incoming calls for the department. Answer questions or direct call to the appropriate staff member.
- Maintain positive relations with existing and potential consumers.
- Maintain the scheduling system updated for consumers and contract interpreters.
- Act as the scheduling system “Super User” to ensure data is maintained, accurate and consumer needs are met and tracked.
- Monitor scheduling and support staff’s productivity and take steps to improve performance as needed.
- Establish on call staff schedules based on workloads and employee availability.
- Receive and communicate consumer complaints. Assist with the problem resolution under the direction of the Language Services Director.
- Ensure consumer feedback is collected and documented annually with the assistance of the Language Services Director.
- Maintain the consumer files and service agreements.
- Ensure service agreements are renewed annually and up to date.
- Assist with training the contractors with using the scheduling system website and mobile site.
- Ensure all appointments have an interpreter assigned and provide the service requester with pertinent information in a timely fashion.
- Ensure contractors have the pertinent information needed to complete assignment.
- Assist the program director with verifying appointments’ status for interpreters’ payroll and customer billing purposes.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Excellent knowledge and skills in customer service principles and practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and database management
- Detail oriented
- Acculturation sensitivity and experience
- Ability to multitask, set priorities and manage time effectively.
- Effective problem solving skills and ability to develop solutions to ensure scheduling coverage.
- Fluency with oral and written foreign language preferred
Employees of Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio will have knowledge of the Catholic faith, a willingness to work for a Catholic, faith-based agency and adhere to the policies of Catholic Charities. Employees will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
Typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues.
Must be able to meet the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment
- Talk to other employees/clients and hear them
- See and be able to read, write, and interpret written documents
- Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 15 pounds
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.