POSITION TITLE: Consumer Relations and Scheduling Specialist
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Language Services
REPORTS TO: Language Services Director
WORK HOURS: 37.5 Hours Per Week
DATE: May 2021
WORK LOCATION: Montgomery
This position is responsible for maintaining positive consumer relations; ensuring interpreting appointments are scheduled accurately and are performed on time and providing administrative support to the Language Services Department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Receive incoming calls for the department. Answer questions or direct call to the appropriate staff member.
- Maintain positive relations with existing and potential consumers.
- Maintain the scheduling system updated for consumers and contract interpreters.
- Act as the scheduling system “Super User” to ensure data is maintained, accurate and consumer needs are met and tracked.
- Receive and communicate consumer complaints. Assist with the problem resolution under the direction of the Language Services Director.
- Maintain the consumer files and service agreements.
- Ensure service agreements are renewed annually and up to date.
- Ensure Consumer feedback is collected and documented annually with the assistance of the Language Director.
- Ensure all appointments are scheduled with an interpreter and consumer have pertinent information.
- Ensure contractor has pertinent information needed to complete assignment.
- Invoice the Over the Phone Interpreting (OPI) service for internal and external clients.
- Help the contractors with Fluency application and website.
- Quote and invoice translation service.
- Collect payments for translation service.
- Communicate with the accounting department to ensure payment for language services are recorded accurately and are up to date
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Excellent knowledge and skills in customer service principles and practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and database management
- Detail oriented
- Acculturation sensitivity and experience
- Fluency with oral and written foreign language preferred
Employees of Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio will have knowledge of the Catholic faith, a willingness to work for a Catholic, faith-based agency and adhere to the policies of Catholic Charities. Employees will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
Typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues.
Must be able to meet the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment
- Talk to other employees/clients and hear them
- See and be able to read, write, and interpret written documents
- Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 15 pounds
Please submit resumes to [email protected].