POSITION TITLE: Education Coordinator
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Su Casa Hispanic Center
REPORTS TO: Supervisor, Education Services
WORK HOURS: 37.5 per week
WORK LOCATION: MidPointe Cincinnati
DATE: November 2022
This position assists the Education Supervisor in implementing educational classes and services for the immigrant and refugee populations served at CCSWO. Under the direction of the Education Services Supervisor, the Coordinator assists in providing educational programs, including: Adult English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) classes, computer literacy classes, after-school tutoring programs for children, parent workshops, and academic summer camp for Hispanic/Latino children. Facilitates promotion and development of all educational programming for Su Casa Hispanic Center and Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio. Supports clients, educational services staff, and volunteers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Complete enrollment for students into the educational programs and place in the appropriate level based on initial oral and written assessments. Answer client questions related to programs, schedules and referrals to appropriate internal and external organizations and providers.
- Coordinate daily activities of educational services, including preparing materials for classes and facilities, supporting technology needed for instruction, and coordinating volunteers.
- Troubleshoot technology-related issues to support staff and clients in accessing remote learning platforms to maximize student participation and success.
- Provide support and training for volunteer instructors to implement curriculum and meet educational needs of clients. Assist with issues arising in the classroom, with technology, or with students.
- Provide education instruction as needed or as directed by the supervisor.
- Work with the supervisor to develop promotional materials, conduct recruiting events, and enroll students in classes.
- Maintain student contact records of attendance and achievement. Provide data and generate reports as requested.
- Act as a liaison between the education department and other Su Casa/Catholic Charities SWO departments to coordinate client services.
- Act as a liaison between Su Casa Hispanic Center and the schools in which we offer tutoring services.
- Coordinate after school tutoring programs. Prepare materials and activities appropriate for age and academic level. Support volunteer tutors on-site at partner schools and oversee students’ participation and progress.
- Assist the supervisor in developing and coordinating other various educational services of the agency (ESOL, Tutoring, Language Exchange, Spanish classes, Computer classes, Vacaciones Útiles summer camp) as well as workshops of interest to the population we serve.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervises volunteers and interns.
Qualifications and Skills Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in education or related field
- Two years experience in program coordination or management.
- Demonstrated experience in teaching ESOL.
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications, database management, and related computer skills.
- Experience with online teleconferencing platforms used for remote learning, such as Google Classroom and Google Meet.
- English and Spanish fluency required; additional language skills a plus.
- Experience serving diverse international populations.
- Experience with early childhood education in a school, tutoring, or summer camp environment.
- Valid Ohio driver’s license.
Employees of Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio will have knowledge of the Catholic faith, a willingness to work for a Catholic, faith-based agency and adhere to the policies of Catholic Charities. Employees will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
Must be able to work inside an office environment, from home via computer, and outside in summer weather conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.