POSITION TITLE: Employment Specialist
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Refugee Resettlement Services
REPORTS TO: Case Management Supervisor
DATE: October 2022
WORK LOCATION: MidPointe Cincinnati
Under direction, this position provides employment services to Ukrainian Humanitarian Parolees and other secondary migrants, asylees or refugee clients served in the Refugee Resettlement Services Program. This position assesses client skills and work goals, develops family and individual employment plans, and coordinates client job placement and or job training. The position engages in building relationships with work training programs, and serves as primary liaison between Refugee Resettlement Services and these programs.
Essential Job Functions:
Under general direction and working collaboratively with the Refugee Resettlement program staff:
- Complete intakes and assessments on clients assigned to case load within required time frames.
- Develop family centered self-sufficiency plans for clients on assigned case load.
- Develop individual employment plans for adult members of assigned case load that take into account client’s work history, language skills, residence, family status, job market and more.
- Complete household budgets with clients upon program enrollment, after any change in household circumstances, and after 6 and 12 months in the program.
- Complete 6 and 12 month follow up assessments with client.
- Develop relationships with career and work training programs.
- Connect clients to work training and education programs.
- Monitor and track success following training programs.
- Serve as primary contact person for career and work training programs, and maintain database of current and potential partners.
- Conduct direct job placement and interviews in coordination with clients and employers.
- Monitor and track success following job placement with both refugees and employers in accordance with federal guidelines and serves as a resource to assist with post-placement transition.
- Ensure case files, both paper and electronic, are kept organized and up to date with the required documentation, documenting the entire client employment process; contributes to time sensitive reports and statistics in accordance with agency guidelines and funding requirements on all services provided.
- Complete case notes for all client interactions and ensures information is entered into the program database and the State database systems in a timely manner per documentation policy procedures.
- Contribute information and support for the creation of job training classes and community partnerships that matches local employer needs and promotes job placement for clients with limited English proficiency.
- Update the RSS state webtool weekly for RSS eligible clients.
- In coordination with the Refugee Support Services Case Manager, assist as needed with barrier removal and client preparation for employment to enhance their job placement potential and employment retention, including transportation training to employment placement.
- Assist employers in explaining employment benefits to clients and assists clients in notifying Job and Family Service of changes in employment.
- Collaborate with Refugee Resettlement Services staff as needed to ensure that clients are receiving the services they need to achieve their goals.
- Attend all appropriate meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in social services, marketing, community relations, business or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- Must have excellent public speaking and record keeping skills.
- Ability to work with multicultural caseload and ethnically diverse staff and serve as strong advocate for refugees.
- Ability to work well in team environment and provide direct client services as needed.
- Strong communication skills, flexibility and patience is a must.
- Prior experience with job development, job counseling/training and/or social services provisions.
- Ability to develop and nurture employer contacts.
- English required, foreign language skills a pl
- Proficient skill in utilization of computer-based client tracking and Microsoft Offic
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to drive personal and/or agency vehicles
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience working in refugee resettlement or with refugee/immigrant populations
- Proficiency in Ukrainian, Russian, Swahili, Arabic, Spanish, or Pashto language
Typical office environment with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues.
Must be able to meet the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment
- Talk to other employees/clients and hear them
- See and be able to read, write, and interpret written documents
- Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 25 pounds
About Catholic Charities and Organizational Responsibility:
For more than 100 years, Catholic Charities has served the Archdiocese of Cincinnati. Our programs have changed over the years, but our commitment to serve the poor, protect the vulnerable and welcome the stranger has not wavered. Our mission is to Serve, Enlighten and Empower. We serve local families and change local lives.
Employees of Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio will have knowledge of the Catholic faith, a willingness to work for a Catholic, faith-based agency and adhere to the policies of Catholic Charities. Employees will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
Catholic Charities Southwest Ohio is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.