POSITION TITLE: Foster Grandparent Program (FGP) – Program Coordinator
FLSA STATUS: Non- Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Senior and Caregiver Support Services
REPORTS TO: Director, Senior and Caregiver Support Services
DATE: May 2022
WORK LOCATION: Primary: Hamilton Office, Secondary: Midpointe Office
This position is responsible for the operation and ongoing management of the AmeriCorps Seniors Foster Grandparent Program for Butler County Ohio sponsored by Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio.
This position is funded by AmeriCorps Seniors America Rescue Fund. This position is funded for a two-year period starting July 1st 2022 and ending June 30th 2024. The AmeriCorps Seniors American Rescue Funds are new grants to Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio. This position will work with the program director to establish and maintain operations within Butler County for the duration of the grant.
Essential Job Functions:
Volunteer Station Management:
- Establish and provide support to partner schools to promote meaningful relationships between students and FGP volunteers.
- Develop a memorandum of understanding between the program and school / volunteer stations and renew as required.
- Recruit new volunteer schools / stations to host FGP volunteers.
- Provide training to volunteer stations on best practices and use of FGP volunteers in the classroom.
- Collaborate with Director and volunteer stations when applicable to provide evaluation, training, corrective action plans, and conflict resolution for assigned volunteers.
- Make regular visits to volunteer stations to round on assigned volunteers and station staff utilizing program volunteers.
Program Marketing / Volunteer Recruitment:
- Work with program director to create materials needed to promote the AmeriCorps Seniors Programs at Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio.
- Responsible for working with schools / stations to provide stories of the impact of volunteers on the students they serve.
- Recruit, enroll, onboard eligible individuals into FGP to meet program goals.
- Ensure all assigned volunteers meet AmeriCorps Headquarters and Archdiocese of Cincinnati background check requirements for covered positions.
- Participate in the design and implementation of AmeriCorps Seniors volunteer recognition events.
- Ensure each assigned volunteer has an assignment plan that accurately reflects their service activities and ensure it is updated yearly.
- Create and distribute impact surveys at the end of the school year to measure the impact of Foster Grandparent Volunteers.
- Place assigned volunteers with schools / stations in accordance with program protocol.
- Ensure assigned volunteers only serve in the established and approved role in order to prevent assignment of tasks which are inappropriate for the program.
- Participate in the design and implementation of effective training and development plans including the delivery of program orientation, volunteer educational programing, and overall educational programming.
- Educate volunteers on and ensure compliance with policies, procedures, and regulations of Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio AmeriCorps Seniors Program, The Archdiocese of Cincinnati, The Decree on Child Protection, and AmeriCorps Headquarters.
- Provide information and counsel to volunteers to respond to their needs and concerns regarding their volunteer assignment.
- When appropriate, make referrals for volunteers to available community services and follow-up to ensure their challenges have received attention.
- Conduct the day to day operations and administrative duties of the Foster Grandparent Program.
- Ensure open communication with assigned volunteers and stations / schools including, phone calls, mailings, newsletters, and other communication avenues.
- Create and process AmeriCorps Seniors time sheets and payroll for stipend volunteers in accordance with program procedures.
- Maintain records of paid time off, stipends, and travel for use in completion of monthly reports and audits of the Foster Grandparent Program in Butler County.
- Work with director to create annual logic models and work plans that ensure the FGP program achieves its performance measures.
- Maintain volunteer and program files and databases in accordance with federal regulations and program procedures.
All other duties and reasonability’s, as assigned, for the operations of the Foster Grandparent Program in Butler County.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with Seniors (55+)
- Minimum of 2 years experience in volunteer management
- Ability to coordinate, plan, and implement volunteer programming
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Flexibility and organizational skills for independent daily management
- Valid Driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle for local travel
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in grant management
- Strong listening, speaking, and writing skills
- Able to work both independently and in teams to solve problems creatively
- Experience building relationships with individuals, schools, organizations, and businesses
- Experience recruiting, screening, and training volunteers
Typical office environment with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues.
Must be able to meet the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment
- Talk to other employees/clients and hear them
- See and be able to read, write, and interpret written documents
- Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 15 pounds
About Catholic Charities and Organizational Responsibility:
For more than 100 years, Catholic Charities has served the Archdiocese of Cincinnati. Our programs have changed over the years, but our commitment to serve the poor, protect the vulnerable and welcome the stranger has not wavered. Our mission is to Serve, Enlighten and Empower. We serve local families and change local lives.