POSITION TITLE: Family Reunification Case Aide (Bilingual, Spanish/English)
FLSA STATUS: Non- Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Su Casa Hispanic Center
REPORTS TO: Case Management Supervisor, Su Casa Hispanic Center
WORK HOURS: 37.5
WORK LOCATION: MidPointe Cincinnati
DATE: August 2023
The position aids the Family Reunification Program for newly arriving unaccompanied children who are being resettled through the Office of Refugee Resettlement. The case aide will assist the Family Reunification Case Managers in making phone calls to current or new clients, reviewing reports, scheduling visits, and downloading important records from the Office of Refugee Resettlement. The case aide works collaboratively with the community and internal partners to establish a continuum of care for unaccompanied children to ensure their basic health, educational, safety, and mental health needs are met.
Essential Job Functions:
- Complete timely, accurate, and professional documentation of case records that meet accreditation and funder requirements. (This includes, but is not limited to, documentation in the form of intake, case notes, assessments, referrals, follow-up services, client identification information, and client interactions).
- Schedule visits for Family Reunification Case Managers.
- Download ORR documents from UC Portal.
- Connect clients to appropriate resources including, but not limited to, education, health, mental health, and legal resources found through internal and external referrals in the community.
- Complete and maintain all reporting requirements of USCCB, ORR/DCS, program administration, and other reporting bodies. Ensure that reported information is accurate and reliable. Ensure the confidentiality and privacy of all client information. Maintain appropriate and professional boundaries with clients at all times.
- Assist with the review of documents produced by case managers.
- Assist with quality improvement efforts, including file completeness reviews and quarterly chart audits
- Maintain communication with clients, partners, agencies, CCSWO, and the community.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated knowledge of local community social services, ability to work with partners and groups, knowledge about family preservation, kinship care, and child welfare, and experience working with immigrant populations.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, both oral and written, in English and Spanish.
- Proficient in the utilization of electronic record keeping systems and Microsoft Office Suite
Employees of Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio will have knowledge of the Catholic faith, a willingness to work for a Catholic, faith-based agency and adhere to the policies of Catholic Charities. Employees will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
Typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues. Varied environments working in the community including home visits.
Must be able to meet the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment;
- Talk to other employees/clients and hear them;
- See and be able to read, write, and interpret written documents;
- Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 15 pounds.
- Ability to drive vehicle to community based appointments.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.