POSITION TITLE: Health Resource Coordinator
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Refugee Resettlement Services
REPORTS TO: Case Management Supervisor
WORK HOURS: 37.5 Hours Per Week
DATE: January 2024
WORK LOCATION: MidPointe Cincinnati
Provide Resource Specialist and Acclimation Program services to all eligible refugees, special immigrant visa holders, asylees, parolees, and other Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) defined populations per subgrant agreement with Ohio Department of Job and Family Services. This position ensures that newly arrived refugees are connected to a medical home and receive follow-up medical care beyond the initial health screening. This position collaborates with case managers and promotes the goal of self-sufficiency, teaching clients how to access health care services. Services are limited to refugees 31 days (about 1 month) post arrival and within 2 years of arrival.
Essential Job Functions:
- Act as a liaison between refugees and county job and family services’ representatives to ensure uninterrupted receipt of medical assistance after the reception and placement period.
- Provide ongoing support to refugees in locating and accessing medical services.
- Coordinate Medicaid transportation to post-screening follow up medical appointments and teach clients how to access transportation services.
- Identify health needs of clients, refer to available community services, and facilitate receipt of those services.
- Provide education and resources on the efficacy and availability of mental health services.
- Identify and refer clients to Preferred Communities intensive case management.
- Provide education to clients on the use of public transportation.
- Schedule volunteers to assist with transportation to medical appointments.
- Develop and distribute health education materials.
- Assist secondary migrants, asylees and Cuban-Haitian Entrants with obtaining medical insurance.
- Develop and lead adjustment/support groups; provide education on mental health and emotional wellness.
- Conduct community outreach to the community and medical providers to educate and engage them in refugee health and on providing services to refugees that are both culturally and linguistically appropriate.
- Maintain data on all recipients including documentation of eligibility for service; complete case notes for all client interactions and ensure information is entered into the program database and the State database systems in a timely manner per documentation policy procedures.
Qualifications and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in social service, social work, or health-related field from an accredited institution of higher education or equivalent work experience.
- Possess knowledge of refugee resettlement, working with interpreters and background information on each culture being served
- Demonstrated ability to work with various cultures, partners and groups; excellent communication skills, organizational and facilitation abilities.
- Possess knowledge of U.S. health care system including mental and behavioral health
- Flexibility and adaptability to work with varying client needs and clients from other cultures
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- English required, foreign language skills a plus
- Proficient in computer-based client database systems and Microsoft Office Suite
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to drive personal and/or agency vehicles
Employees of Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio will have knowledge of the Catholic faith, a willingness to work for a Catholic, faith-based agency and adhere to the policies of Catholic Charities. Employees will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
Typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues.
Must be able to meet the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment
- Talk to other employees/clients and hear them
- See and be able to read, write, and interpret written documents
- Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 15 pounds
Please submit resumes to email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.