POSITION TITLE: HR Administrative Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources and Caregiver Assistance Network (CAN) Program
REPORTS TO: Human Resources Director and CAN Coordinator
WORK HOURS: 37.5
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
LOCATION: Cincinnati, OH
Provide administrative support to the day-to-day operations of the Human Resource Department, including assistance in the recruitment process. In addition, this position will provide administrative support to the Caregiver Assistance Network program.
Essential Job Functions:
Human Resources Duties /Responsibilities– 27.5 hours per week
- Answers and directs departmental phone calls.
- Manages all aspects of the recruiting function from start to finish with Program Directors
- Schedules and organizes appointments as requested; takes minutes during departmental meetings.
- Proofreads and types documents and correspondence produced by department.
- Processes required paperwork for new hires and conducts employee orientation; enters candidates’ information into Applicant Tracking Documents for Affirmative Action Program (AAP) ; assists with Open Enrollment activities and with preparation of human resource reports such as attendance, new hire, and turnover reports.
- Prepares purchase orders for human resource office and orders all supplies
- Enters new employee information into Paycor Perform Payroll system, Virtus, and Relias as required
- Assists with participation in salary and benefit surveys
- Maintain personnel files, EEO paperwork , I-9 files, and organizational charts.
- Assist in creating employee communications (letters, flyers, new hire orientation packets, etc.).
- Coordinates shift schedules for the main reception desk ensuring coverage is maintained at all times; acts as back-up coverage when required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Caregiver Assistance Network Duties – 10 hours per week
- Enter support group data into CAN ACCESS database.
- Enter support group data into SAMS Council on Aging billing system.
- Communicate with CAN Coordinator regarding any missing data or inconsistencies in data.
- Keep monthly files for support group activity in compliance with grant review requirements.
- Run ACCESS and SAMS reports for grant billing reconciliation and volunteer hours.
- Email reports to CFO, CAN Coordinator and RSVP Coordinator as needed.
- Make copies and prepare folders for new caregivers.
- Prepare mailing for monthly newsletter.
- Keep calendars updated.
- Prepare materials, including sign-in sheets for Powerful Tools classes.
- Assist in answering phones and record event registrations.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Extensive knowledge of office management systems and equipment
- Ability to utilize various software platforms as deemed necessary
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to type 60 words a minute or more.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software and create PowerPoint presentations
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or Associate Degree in HR/Business Admin
- Administrative training required.
- Two years of administrative assistant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in HR
- 1-2 years of experience performing Human Resources Administrative Duties.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel), Visio
Employees of Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio will have knowledge of the Catholic faith, a willingness to work for a Catholic, faith-based agency and adhere to the policies of Catholic Charities. Employees will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
Typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues.
Must be able to meet the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment;
- Talk to other employees/clients and hear them;
- See and be able to read, write, and interpret written documents;
- Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 15 pounds.
Please submit resumes to: [email protected]