POSITION TITLE: Infant/ Early Childhood Mental Health Consultant
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Family Development Services
REPORTS TO: Director, Family Development Services
DATE: February 2023
WORK LOCATION: Hamilton
Provision of early childhood mental health consultation and training to promote social/emotional development of young children from birth to 8 years of age.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide infant/early childhood mental health consultation services to, families, early childhood providers and/or Early Intervention providers utilizing the Ohio Early Childhood Mental Health Consultation Model to include:
- Child and Family-Centered Consultation: child observations. Parent consultation, staff support, modeling/coaching, linkages to community, education on a child’s mental health, advocacy for family
- Programmatic Consultation for Staff and Programs: Classroom observations, strategies for supportive environments, promote staff wellness, address communication issues, promote team building and support to Early Intervention Teams in Butler and Hamilton County, as needed
- Provide training to early childhood providers and families on topics related to early childhood mental health/social emotional development, as needed
- Maintain and submit in a timely manner required documentation for center and individual consultations and training
- Complete reports related to the project
- Attend any required training
- Represent the agency in a manner fitting a community-based consultant
- Other duties as may be assigned
Minimum Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in social work or related field
- Experience in early childhood social-emotional growth and development, family and community relations
- Ability to successfully complete the application process for the State of Ohio Early Childhood Mental Health Credential and obtain Credential within two years of employment
- Ability to develop trusting relationships with young children, their caregivers and community partners
- Ability to identify when assistance is needed, develop and communicate reasonable recommendations/action plans based on information gathered through the consultation process to promote social-emotional development of young children
- Proficient in Micro Soft Word, Excel and Outlook, ability to complete on-line data entry for assessments and reporting requirements and correspond electronically
- Hold a valid Ohio Driver’s License and ability to drive/navigate to community-based providers and/or home visits
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Master’s degree in social work, counseling, or related field
- Experience in early childhood mental health
- Experience in social-emotional growth and development assessment and interventions of young children,
- Experience providing professional development in the area of social-emotional growth and development
- Experience working with children and families who have experienced trauma
- LSW, LISW, LPC, LPCC, or related professional license recommended
Typical office environment with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues.
- Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment;
- Talk to other employees/clients and hear them;
- See and be able to read, write, and interpret written documents;
- Occasionally stand or sit in an early childhood environment;
- Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
About Catholic Charities and Organizational Responsibility:
For more than 100 years, Catholic Charities has served the Archdiocese of Cincinnati. Our programs have changed over the years, but our commitment to serve the poor, protect the vulnerable and welcome the stranger has not wavered. Our mission is to Serve, Engage and Empower. We serve local families and change local lives.
Employees of Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio will have knowledge of the Catholic faith, a willingness to work for a Catholic, faith-based agency and adhere to the policies of Catholic Charities. Employees will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
Catholic Charities Southwest Ohio is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.