POSITION TITLE: Information Technology Manager
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: COO
DATE: December 2022
WORK LOCATION: MidPointe Cincinnati
This position is responsible for the support, maintenance, and leadership of Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio’s Information Technology (IT) Infrastructure environment. This position manages all activities that ensure the optimal performance of IT systems utilized by all Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio employees, volunteers, and clients. This position also serves as the lead for IT customer service and user training for all employees and volunteers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Analyze, develop and implement current and future goals, objectives, policies and procedures related to IT in coordination with the COO.
- Execute and maintain the integration and operation of Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Azure utilized services and applications.
- Manage and participate in the Agency Help Desk system.
- Coordinate the acquisition, configuration and maintenance of servers, workstations, laptops, printers, databases, applications, desk phones and smart phones; manages appropriate inventory levels.
- Analyze, design, develop and administer the design and management of internal networks in coordination with outside IT contractors and COO.
- Maintain, improve and upgrade network hardware. This includes firewalls, switches, routers, video conferencing terminals and desktop devices.
- Support the software on systems, including license maintenance, user training, and applying updates, and patches.
- Assist CFO and COO with budget preparations and tracking of expenses throughout the fiscal year. Analyze and make budget recommendations that promote the goals of Information Technology.
- Lead annual risk assessment, per agency policy, and report on current risks and security mitigation efforts to the CCSWOH board of directors and senior leadership.
- Provide support to service providers, supervisors and managers regarding the management of data in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Lead the IT support team to assist all staff in troubleshooting and resolving problems related to IT, including the following:
- Hardware performance, updates, troubleshooting and maintenance of devices
- Software applications
- Data and electronic voice communication
- Network performance
- Ensure Agency data integrity by establishing and executing appropriate data backup processes.
- Administer agency domain and SSL certificate registrations.
- Review and, if necessary, coordinate process change to meet PCI & HIPAA compliance policies.
- Supervise the IT team’s work performance, including IT Contractors.
- Prepare system performance reports and provide to management upon request.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
IT Technician and IT Co-Op
Minimum Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field, OR at least 4 years of equivalent training and/or work experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated leadership experience; the ability to perform in a leadership role with professionalism, courtesy, and fairness.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Good understanding of the principles and techniques of electronic data management, systems analysis, and computer application operating principles.
- Practical and functional knowledge and experience in all aspects of database management tools, including capabilities, functionality, and ETL functions.
- Practical and functional knowledge and experience with Windows Services, Active Directory, Virtual Environments, Web Hosting, WAN, VLAN, VOIP, VPN, Networking, Office 365, and SharePoint.
- Typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues.
- Regional Travel 25% of time;
- Occasional need for non-business hours; ability to flex schedule as needed.
- Must be able to meet the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment.
- Successfully communicate with other employees and clients.
- See and be able to read, write, and interpret written documents.
- Ability to lift, push, or pull printers, terminals, and other hardware not to exceed 50 pounds.
About Catholic Charities and Organizational Responsibility:
For more than 100 years, Catholic Charities has served the Archdiocese of Cincinnati. Our programs have changed over the years, but our commitment to serve the poor, protect the vulnerable and welcome the stranger has not wavered. Our mission is to Serve, Enlighten and Empower. We serve local families and change local lives.
Employees of Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio will have knowledge of the Catholic faith, a willingness to work for a Catholic, faith-based agency and adhere to the policies of Catholic Charities. Employees will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.