POSITION TITLE: Job Readiness Coordinator
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Refugee Resettlement Services
REPORTS TO: Case Management Supervisor
DATE: July 2022
WORK LOCATION: MidPointe Cincinnati
The Job Readiness Coordinator will develop and deliver services including job readiness, financial literacy and digital literacy classes. The position is responsible for recruiting and training volunteers to assist in delivering classes and ensuring all job readiness services are accurately reported and monitored in the appropriate data base system. Under general direction and working collaboratively with the Case Management Supervisor and other resettlement staff, the Job Readiness Coordinator will develop and revise class materials in response to client and employer needs; and work to facilitate the removal of barriers and prepare clients for employment and enhance their career path development.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and deliver culturally and linguistically appropriate instruction virtually and/or in-person focused on employment readiness and financial literacy classes.
- Develop and deliver digital literacy classes, including laptop and cell phone literacy, with the goal of clients accessing online English classes.
- Develop culturally and linguistically appropriate curriculum and resources for employment readiness, financial literacy, digital literacy, and other programs as assigned.
- Monitors client attendance and progress.
- Recruit, train and supervise volunteer teachers.
- Manages technology resources for clients, including, but not limited to, loaner chrome books and hot spots.
- Lead or supervise classes as appropriate in coordination with other staff, volunteers and outside presenters.
- Utilizes volunteers and outside presenters as appropriate and necessary.
- Keeps records, monitors client progress, reports outcomes, makes reports in accordance with Agency guidelines and funding requirements on all services provided, and provides timely Agency statistics on the delivery of these services.
- Provides additional assistance with employment services as time allows including assessments, family self-sufficiency plans and career advancement opportunities.
- Complete English language assessments for clients upon enrollment.
- Collaborate with other RRS staff as needed to ensure that clients are receiving the services they need to achieve their goals.
- Collaborates with other education providers to ensure clients are adequately prepared to participate in online ESOL classes.
- Assists clients in getting internet and enrolling in internet discount programs.
- Attends all appropriate meetings.
- Work occasional evening or weekend hours.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in social services, education or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in teaching classes to adult learners and developing class material.
- Experience in using Whatsapp, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and Google Suite applications including Google Meets and Google Classroom.
- Ability to conduct group and one-on-one education and training sessions.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of ages, co-sponsors and groups.
- Demonstrated proficiency working with Microsoft Office, Excel, Database management, and computer-based client tracking systems.
- Proficiency working with various cellphone and smartphone technology.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, ability to manage workflow and prioritize workload.
- Culturally competent with diverse, international clients and individuals with limited English proficiency.
- Ability to work with clients with low literacy skills.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to drive personal and/or agency vehicles.
- Valid Driver’s license.
Employees of Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio will have knowledge of the Catholic faith, a willingness to work for a Catholic, faith-based agency and adhere to the policies of Catholic Charities. Employees will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
Typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues.
Must be able to meet the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment
- Talk to other employees/clients and hear them
- See and be able to read, write, and interpret written documents
- Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 15 pounds
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.