POSITION TITLE: MARCC ID Specialist
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Parish and Community Engagement
REPORTS TO: Parish and Community Engagement Coordinator
WORK HOURS: Avg. 8 Hours/Wk. from February to December 2024
DATE: February 2024
WORK LOCATION: MidPointe Cincinnati
The MARCC photo ID improves access to services and public safety from within populations of people who find it difficult to obtain other forms of identification, including immigrants, people returning from prison, people experiencing homelessness, and others who may have limited access to government issued forms of identification. The MARCC ID Specialist will organize the planning, organization, and execution of MARCC photo ID issuance events for predominantly French-speaking participants as well as manage their renewals. This role collaborates with other agency staff, volunteers, the Metropolitan Area Religious Coalition of Cincinnati (MARCC), law enforcement and community groups to secure MARCC ID venues, coordinate volunteers, manage registration, facilitate the ID issuance process and oversee ID renewals.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinate scheduling of bi-monthly MARCC photo ID issuance events for predominantly French and/or English-speaking populations in collaboration with MARCC, Cincinnati Police and host venues.
- Identify and secure suitable locations such as schools, churches, or sanctuary establishments for the events.
- Create flyers for distribution and posting on social media platforms.
- Develop and maintain registration spreadsheets, verifying applicant eligibility.
- Organize and coordinate volunteers based on the number of scheduled sessions.
- Maintain and update necessary resources, such as PowerPoint presentation, laptops, and event materials.
- Notify registered individuals of their orientation session prior to the event.
- Conduct site visits and safety checks before events to ensure facilities meet event requirements.
- On the day of the event, present with Officer, assist with the presentation, interpret when necessary, and manage event logistics.]
- Print the photo ID badges and mail IDs within the specified timeframe.
- Manage photo ID renewal appointment scheduling and oversee the renewal process.
- Provide interpretation services as needed prior to and at events.
Qualifications and Skills Requirements:
1. High School Diploma or equivalent required, Associates/ BA preferred.
2. Bilingual French/English.
3. Excellent customer relations skills, especially towards migrant populations from a diversity of countries of origin and backgrounds.
4. Strong event planning and organizational skills.
5. Ability to relate well with volunteers and coordinate their contributions towards fulfilling program objectives.
6. Strong record-keeping.
7. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and capacity to learn new technologies.
Employees of Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio will have knowledge of the Catholic faith, a willingness to work for a Catholic, faith-based agency and adhere to the policies of Catholic Charities. Employees will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
The position entails a combination of remote and in-office work for pre-event coordination as well as travel in the community for venue preparation and event execution. Work time fluctuates based on event schedules, increasing in hours during event registration and execution months.
Must be able to meet the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment
- Talk to other employees/clients and hear them
- See and be able to read, write, and interpret written documents
- Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 15 pounds
Please submit resumes to email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.