POSITION TITLE: Mental Health Therapist
FLSA STATUS: Non- Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Mental Health
REPORTS TO: Mental Health Director
DATE: May 2022
WORK LOCATION: MidPointe Cincinnati
The Mental Health Therapist will provide culturally competent mental health services to individuals and families who are experiencing varying levels of difficulties due to life situations or mental health concerns.
This position will work out of our Cincinnati MidPointe office location (7162 Reading Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45237) offering therapy sessions in person and via telehealth.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide high quality, compassionate and ethical outpatient mental health therapy to clients as scheduled.
- Complete clinical documentation within expected timeframes.
- Maintain required billable hours. Work a minimum of one evening per week. Work hours must be maintained in a way that is responsive to client needs at each location.
- Actively participate as a positive member of the agency environment.
- Maintain good standing with the appropriate board and insurance entities.
- Complete all recommended continuing education requirements and Relias Trainings.
- Stay current with updated research and best practices.
- Be aware of community referral sources and refer when necessary.
- Secure client information per HIPAA standards.
- Maintain case files within electronic health record (EHR) that are up to date and within expected guidelines.
- Participate in individual and/or group supervision as required.
- Participate in staff meetings as required.
- Abide by the agency’s policies and procedures.
- Uphold the agency’s mission statement.
- Perform other duties as assigned (including but not limited to completion of Social Security/Disability forms, authorization and billing forms, phone calls, and participating in case consultation meetings).
Minimum Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Master’s degree in counseling or social work
- Proficient in utilization of computer-based medical records
- Licensed in counseling or social work. Independent licensure preferred but not required.
- Bilingual in Spanish or another language preferred but not required.
- Experience with interpreters preferred.
Typical office environment with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues.
Must be able to meet the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment
- Talk to other employees/clients and hear them
- See and be able to read, write, and interpret written documents
- Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 15 pounds
About Catholic Charities and Organizational Responsibility:
For more than 100 years, Catholic Charities has served the Archdiocese of Cincinnati. Our programs have changed over the years, but our commitment to serve the poor, protect the vulnerable and welcome the stranger has not wavered. Our mission is to Serve, Enlighten and Empower. We serve local families and change local lives.
Employees of Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio will have knowledge of the Catholic faith, a willingness to work for a Catholic, faith-based agency and adhere to the policies of Catholic Charities. Employees will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
Catholic Charities Southwest Ohio is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.