The bilingual mental health therapist will provide culturally competent mental health services to individuals and families who are experiencing varying levels of difficulties due to life situations or mental health concerns. Although the primary focus will be on serving Latino populations, service provision to non-Latinos may be required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide high quality, compassionate and ethical outpatient mental health therapy to clients as scheduled.
- Complete clinical documentation within expected timeframes.
- Maintain required billable hours. Work hours must be maintained in a way that is responsive to client needs at each location.
- Actively participate as a positive member of the agency environment.
- Maintain good standing with the appropriate board and insurance entities.
- Complete all recommended continuing education requirements and Relias Trainings.
- Stay current with updated research and best practices.
- Be aware of community referral sources and refer when necessary.
- Secure client information per HIPAA standards.
- Maintain case files within electronic health record (EHR) that are up to date and within expected guidelines.
- Participate in individual and/or group supervision as required.
- Participate in staff meetings as required.
- Abide by the agency’s policies and procedures.
- Uphold the agency’s mission statement.
- Perform other duties as assigned (including but not limited to completion of Social Security/Disability forms, authorization and billing forms, phone calls, and participating in case consultation meetings).
Qualifications and Skills Requirements:
- Master’s degree in counseling or social work
- Fluency with oral and written English and Spanish
- Proficient in utilization of computer-based medical records
- Independent license in counseling or social work
Employees of Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio will have knowledge of the Catholic faith, a willingness to work for a Catholic, faith-based agency and adhere to the policies of Catholic Charities. Employees will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
Typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues.
Must be able to meet the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment
- Talk to other employees/clients and hear them
- See and be able to read, write, and interpret written documents
- Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 15 pounds
Please submit resumes to [email protected].