POSITION TITLE: Recruitment Specialist – Language Services
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Language Services
REPORTS TO: Language Services Director
WORK HOURS: 37.5 Hours Per Week
DATE: May 2021
WORK LOCATION: Montgomery
This position is responsible for the recruitment of contract interpreters for the Language Services Department. This will be achieved through the development of a recruitment plan, employing traditional sourcing strategies and resources as well as developing new, creative recruiting ideas.
Essential Job Functions:
- Source active and passive candidates utilizing multiple outlets (recruiting sites, social media, virtual job fairs, non-traditional methods, etc.)
- Develop and maintain a network of contacts to help identify and source qualified candidates
- Build candidate sources and ensures pipeline creation by researching and recommending new places to recruit.
- Screen resumes, interview candidates (by phone or in person), conduct reference/background checks, and make candidate recommendations to Language Services Director
- Achieve recruitment goals determined by the Language Services Director
- Partner with Language Services Director and Scheduling Specialist to identify future interpreter needs by language.
- Develop and implement a recruitment strategy under the direction of the Languages Services Director and action plan to achieve identified needs
- Manage the candidate process and facilitate candidate completion of requirements, initial information session and use of scheduling system training.
- Maintain independent contractor files and ensure all required documents are up to date
- Maintain and promote communication with contract interpreters on an ongoing basis.
- Respond to inquiries and concerns of interpreters in a timely manner.
- Facilitate problem resolution in conjunction with the Language Services Director
- Maintain scheduling software and work with finance office
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED is required. Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Demonstrate critical thinking and ability to understand and build positive relationships
- Fluency with oral and written English
- Prior experience in recruitment preferred
- Foreign language preferred
- Cultural Sensitivity required
Employees of Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio will have knowledge of the Catholic faith, a willingness to work for a Catholic, faith-based agency and adhere to the policies of Catholic Charities. Employees will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
Typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues.
Must be able to meet the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment
- Talk to other employees/clients and hear them
- See and be able to read, write, and interpret written documents
- Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 15 pounds
The position will be open until filled. Please submit resumes to [email protected].