POSITION TITLE: Recruitment and Retention Specialist
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Language Services
REPORTS TO: Language Services Director
WORK HOURS: 37.5 Hours Per Week
DATE: November 2022
WORK LOCATION: Montgomery
This position is responsible for the recruitment (70%) and retention (30%) of contract interpreters for the Language Services Department. This will be achieved through developing recruitment and retention strategies, ensuring contracted interpreters are in compliance with requirements, and providing customer service to both current and potential interpreters.
Essential Job Functions:
- Source active and passive candidates utilizing multiple outlets (recruiting sites, social media, virtual job fairs, non-traditional methods, etc.) and developing new, creative recruiting ideas
- Manage Interpreter Contractors end to end recruiting including candidate screening, interviews, and initial information sessions
- Report recruitment and retention metrics by conducting and analyzing surveys and data from the scheduling system.
- Assist the Program Director with developing, conducting, tracking and /or evaluating training or professional development opportunities and CEUs as required.
- Work in conjunction with the Sales Coordinator to develop a marketing strategy that targets currently contracted interpreters and future potential interpreters.
- Partner with Language Services Director and Scheduling Specialist to identify future interpreter needs by language.
- Develop and implement a recruitment strategy under the direction of the Languages Services Director and action plan to achieve identified needs
- Manage the candidate process and facilitate candidate completion of requirements, initial information session and use of scheduling system training.
- Maintain independent contractor files to ensure that all required documents have been submitted/ updated
- Maintain and promote timely and effective communication with contract interpreters to develop a culture of trust and loyalty to language services program.
- Regularly review internal policies and procedures to ensure documents are up to date with agreement requirements
- Respond to inquiries and concerns of interpreters in a timely manner.
- Facilitate problem resolution in conjunction with the Language Services Director
- Maintain scheduling software and work with finance office
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Demonstrate critical thinking and ability to understand and build positive relationships
- Fluency with oral and written English
- Prior experience in recruitment preferred
- Foreign language preferred
- Cultural sensitivity required
Employees of Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio will have knowledge of the Catholic faith, a willingness to work for a Catholic, faith-based agency and adhere to the policies of Catholic Charities. Employees will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
Typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues.
Must be able to meet the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment
- Talk to other employees/clients and hear them
- See and be able to read, write, and interpret written documents
- Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 15 pounds
The position will be open until filled. Please submit resumes to email@example.com.