POSITION TITLE: Refugee Resettlement Case Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Refugee Resettlement Services
REPORTS TO: Director, Refugee Resettlement Services
WORK HOURS: 37.5
WORK LOCATION: MidPointe Cincinnati
DATE: September 2022
Position provides Reception and Placement services to newly arrived refugees. This position provides assessment of family’s needs and case management to eliminate barriers to self-sufficiency that are identified through the self-sufficiency plan. This position works collaboratively with community and internal partners to establish a continuum of care for refugees served through the program. Depending on arrival schedule, this position requires occasional evening, weekend, or holiday hours.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide Reception and Placement Core Services to all newly arrived refugees and their families according to guidelines set forth by the U.S. Department of State Cooperative Agreement, USCCB/MRS and Refugee Resettlement Services protocol.
- Complete intake and assessments on all refugees assigned to caseload within the time frames set forth in the Cooperative Agreement.
- Develop family centered self-sufficiency plans for all refugees on assigned case load; assist refugees in achieving the targets identified in the plan by working with them to eliminate barriers.
- Provide basic needs support by assisting with locating housing and ensuring the housing is up to standard according to the home safety standards.
- Conduct home visits following guidelines set forth in the Cooperative Agreement.
- Connect refugees to public benefits (Medicaid, SNAP, cash assistance), health care, housing, employment services, ESL services and ensure an understanding of how to access these benefits after services end.
- Connect refugees to community resources to help address needs that benefit their daily living (i.e. food pantries, thrift stores, places of worship) and register children for school.
- Transport refugees to medical and other appointments within the community using agency vehicle when available or personal vehicle.
- Provide cultural orientation training to refugees to ensure they understand the components outlined in the Cooperative Agreement guidelines.
- Ensure case files are compliant with the required documentation as set forth in the Cooperative Agreement guidelines. Files should be in order according to the internal table of contents.
- Complete case notes for all client interactions and ensure information is entered into agency client database system in a timely manner per documentation policy procedures.
- Track financial support of clients and complete all financial documents required, including, without limitation, Check/Petty Cash Requests, Disbursement Vouchers, Supply Documentation, and client financial records/reconciliations
- Provide other refugee services necessary to maintain compliance with Cooperative Agreement and USCCB/MRS rules and regulations for agency programming; document these activities in client files and provide timely reporting/statistics regarding these services.
- Maintain communication and cultural understanding with clients and between clients and partners, the agency, and the community.
- Encourage the utilization of agency and community network resources to forward the best interests of clients and the agency through access to other involved agencies, schools, hospitals, landlords, government services, volunteers and nationality organizations.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications and Skills Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of cultures, partners and groups; excellent communication skills, organizational and facilitation abilities
- Written and spoken English required, foreign language skills a plus
- Flexibility and adaptability to work with varying client needs and clients from diverse cultures
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Proficiency in computer-based client database systems and Microsoft Office Suite
- Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor degree and knowledge of refugee resettlement services
- Proficiency in a foreign language native to refugee populations, such as Swahili, Kinyarwanda, Arabic, French, Tigrinya, Pashto, Dari
Typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues.
Must be able to meet the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment
- Talk to other employees/clients and hear them
- See and be able to read, write, and interpret written documents
- Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 25 pounds
Employees of Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio will have knowledge of the Catholic faith, a willingness to work for a Catholic, faith-based agency and adhere to the policies of Catholic Charities. Employees will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.