POSITION TITLE: Refugee Resettlement Tax Services Site Coordinator
FLSA STATUS: Non- Exempt/Temporary
DEPARTMENT: Refugee Resettlement
REPORTS TO: Case Management Supervisor, Refugee Resettlement Services
DATE: October 2022
WORK LOCATION: MidPointe Cincinnati
The Site Coordinator is a temporary position that oversees site operations at Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) site. The Site Coordinator schedules appointments, completes enrollment forms, supervises volunteers and interpreters, and reports tax site progress. The Site Coordinator works collaboratively with the Case Management Supervisor, Administrative Assistance, and program volunteers to ensure that the site operates according to all guidelines.
Availability: Temporary Position. Candidates should be available to work weekday hours and Saturdays in March.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee all operational needs of Catholic Charities’ VITA tax site
- Work with Refugee Resettlement staff to plan tax filing dates for 2023 including at least 4 week-day sessions and 2 week-end sessions in March.
- Recruit tax program volunteers and ensure completion of all Catholic Charities and VITA volunteer requirements
- Attend weekly tax site coordinator meetings with the United Way VITA program (virtual)
- Work with Refugee Resettlement staff to contact clients and schedule tax filing appointments
- Complete required VITA program training for site coordinators
- Address equipment, software, supply and other site needs in a timely fashion in coordination with Catholic Charities and the United Way
- Communicate regularly with volunteers and maintain volunteer information
- Coordinate volunteer hospitality
- Execute site procedures according to IRS and agency guidelines.
- Manage workflow of tax site: set-up space; facilitate client sign-in and intake; ensure orderly and thorough screening process and reduce wait time
- Ensure security of confidential information.
- Coordinate closely with quality reviewers and support their efforts to ensure accuracy of returns. Defers to reviewers on issues of ensuring preparation quality.
- Coordinate the scheduling of volunteers to ensure sufficient staffing.
- Track and report hours for volunteers and paid staff
- Track and report client appointments
- Complete agency required paperwork and data entry
- Schedule interpreters as needed for client appointments
- Communicate effectively with other staff and building management to ensure facilities support and scheduling issues
- Ensure timely electronic filing of tax returns and resolution of rejects
- Ensure proper reporting and record keeping.
- Serve as the main contact for clients to address questions or concerns about their experience at the tax site. Promptly respond to inquires from clients or the IRS
Minimum Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in a supervisory role or managing volunteers
- Dependable and self-directed, detail oriented, organized, efficient, and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of cultures, partners and groups; excellent communication skills, organizational and facilitation abilities.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work with varying client needs and clients from other cultures
- Ability to work well in team environment
- English required, foreign language skills a plus.
- Proficient in computer-based client database systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience in a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program
- Experience working in refugee resettlement or with refugee/immigrant populations
Typical office environment with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues.
Must be able to meet the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment
- Talk to other employees/clients and hear them
- See and be able to read, write, and interpret written documents
- Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 25 pounds
About Catholic Charities and Organizational Responsibility:
For more than 100 years, Catholic Charities has served the Archdiocese of Cincinnati. Our programs have changed over the years, but our commitment to serve the poor, protect the vulnerable and welcome the stranger has not wavered. Our mission is to Serve, Enlighten and Empower. We serve local families and change local lives.
Employees of Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio will have knowledge of the Catholic faith, a willingness to work for a Catholic, faith-based agency and adhere to the policies of Catholic Charities. Employees will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
Catholic Charities Southwest Ohio is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.