POSITION TITLE: Refugee Support Services Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: Refugee Resettlement Services
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director of Refugee Resettlement Services
WORK HOURS: 37.5 Hours Per Week
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SUPERVISORY STATUS: No
WORK LOCATION: Springfield
DATE: November 2023
Under direction, the Refugee Support Services Supervisor oversees the delivery of Refugee Support Services (RSS) in Clark County. The Supervisor provides administrative and clinical supervision to the Refugee Support Services (RSS) Case Manager and provides employment services for clients enrolled in RSS. Additionally, the Case Management Supervisor provides administrative management of the Springfield office location of Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio. This position is responsible for the management, implementation, and quality assurance of trauma-informed, family-centered case management and employment services, ensuring compliance with program requirements/guidelines.
Essential Job Functions:
1.Promote teamwork; coordinate the workload of case manager and delegate responsibilities; determine work priorities and ensure adequate staff coverage; communicate regularly with Refugee Resettlement Services Assistant Director and/or Director.
2. Work with targeted businesses and industry to develop potential worksites and employment opportunities for clients. Negotiate work site training agreements or special accommodations.
3. Conduct direct job placement and interviews in coordination with clients and employers.
4. Monitor and track success following job placement with both clients and employers in accordance with federal guidelines and serve as a resource to assist with post-placement transition.
5. Serve as primary contact person for employers and maintain database of current and potential business partners.
6. Ensure case files, both paper and electronic, are kept organized and up to date with the required documentation, documenting the entire client employment process; contribute to time sensitive reports and statistics in accordance with agency guidelines and funding requirements on all services provided.
7. Work with staff, volunteers, and key stakeholders in the community to ensure clients receive RSS services in a timely and effective manner.
8. Ensure program goals are met and reported according to contractual agreements.
9. Assume responsibility for the accuracy, substance, and timeliness of program reports, schedules and other relevant work assignments.
10. Ensure successful collaboration with external partners; conduct outreach to community service providers to enhance capacity to support vulnerable refugee populations.
11. Facilitate referral process with Clark County Job and Family Services for enrolling RCA (refugee cash assistance) and OWF beneficiaries in RSS program.
12. Ensure RSS State webtool is updated weekly and documentation is reported per program requirements.
13. Conduct regular reviews of client case files to ensure quality in service provision and fulfillment of documentation requirements. Act as lead in Continuous Quality Improvement chart review audits for Refugee Support Services case management services in Springfield.
14. Resolve problems and mediate conflicts encountered during daily operations, determine appropriate solutions, and promote teamwork.
15. Provide annual performance reviews of direct reports as well as training, development and performance feedback.
16. Coordinate new staff training upon hire and conduct ongoing training as needed to ensure high quality service provision in line with agency and funder guidelines.
17. Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills Requirements:
· Bachelor degree
· Two years’ experience providing employment services with supervisory experience
· Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of cultures, partners and groups; excellent communication skills, organizational and facilitation abilities
· Flexibility and adaptability to work with varying client needs and clients from other cultures
· Must be accurate, detail oriented and organized
· Must have good time management skills
· Ability to work well in team environment
· English required, foreign language skills a plus.
· Proficient in computer-based client database systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
· Valid driver’s license
· Ability to drive personal vehicle
· Experience working in refugee resettlement or with refugee/immigrant populations
· Proficiency in Haitian Creole.
Typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues.
Must be able to meet the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment
- Talk to other employees/clients and hear them
- See and be able to read, write, and interpret written documents
- Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 15 pounds
Employees of Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio will have knowledge of the Catholic faith, a willingness to work for a Catholic, faith-based agency and adhere to the policies of Catholic Charities. Employees will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.