POSITION TITLE: Bilingual Mental Health Therapist: School-Based
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Mental Health
REPORTS TO: Director of Mental Health Services
WORK HOURS: 24.00 – 37.50
WORK LOCATION: School-Based
DATE: June 2022
The School-Based Bilingual Mental Health Therapist supports the social and emotional wellness of limited English proficient students, especially those whose primary language is Spanish. The embedded therapist provides the following interventions: milieu work, individual counseling, group counseling, psychoeducation groups, and mental health and cultural consultations for faculty and staff of the assigned school district. This is a part time schedule with the opportunity for full time work. Competitive salary and benefits including a Sign on Bonus!
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide high quality, compassionate and ethical outpatient mental health therapy to clients as scheduled.
- Complete clinical documentation within expected timeframes.
- Maintain good standing with the appropriate board and insurance entities.
- Complete all recommended continuing education requirements.
- Stay current with updated research and best practices.
- Be aware of community referral sources and refer when necessary.
- Secure client information per HIPAA standards.
- Participate in individual and/or group supervision as required.
- Participate in staff meetings as required.
- Abide by the agency’s policies and procedures.
- Provide up to two group therapy sessions per week.
- Provide up to eight individual therapy sessions per week.
- Provide up to one psychoeducation group per month.
- Provide ten hours of milieu work per month.
- Provide four hours of consultation per month.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Master’s degree in counseling or social work
- Must be licensed in the State of Ohio (LSW, LISW, LPC, LPCC, MFT).
- Fluency with oral and written English and Spanish
- Proficient in utilization of computer-based medical records
- Dependent license in counseling or social work
- Effective communication skills with diverse populations and key stakeholders
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Independent license in counseling or social work
Employees of Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio will have knowledge of the Catholic faith, a willingness to work for a Catholic, faith-based agency and adhere to the policies of Catholic Charities. Employees will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
Typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues.
Must be able to meet the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment
- Talk to other employees/clients and hear them;
- See and be able to read, write, and interpret written documents
- Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 25 pounds
Please submit resumes to email@example.com.