When a natural disaster hits, Catholic Charities is ready to assist.
Catholic Charities agencies throughout the nation have long been known for being there to help in recovery efforts. Catholic Charities USA is one of the leading disaster recovery agencies in the nation, providing relief both in the U.S. and throughout the world.
The community impacted needs both immediate and long-term assistance to recover and rebuild so Catholic Charities in Cincinnati provides disaster relief in three (different) ways:
- Before a disaster strikes, we are collaborating with local government, non-profit, and faith based organizations to plan and coordinate a response.
- When a disaster hits in our service area, we collaborate with local government, non-profit, faith based organizations and parish staff to coordinate the response and raise funds for the recovery efforts.
- When a disaster hits elsewhere, we raise funds throughout the Archdiocese to send to Catholic Charities USA for its recovery efforts.
Here are some of our recent efforts.
- In 2015, we applied for and received a grant of $10,000 from Catholic Charities USA to assist with recovery efforts for 43 families in Brown County affected by flash flooding in July. Read one family’s story here.
- In 2012, we raised almost $200,000 from generous donors throughout the Archdiocese for the recovery efforts for the victims of Hurricane Sandy in the Northeast.
- In 2012, we were active members of the recovery team to assist people who were affected by the tornado in that struck Moscow, Ohio in Clermont County.
- In 2005, we raised more than $1 million for the recovery efforts for the victims of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans. In addition, case management and material assistance was provided to families who re-located to the area following Hurricanes Katrina and Rita.
If there is a disaster, check this site to see how you can help.