POSITION TITLE: Volunteer Coordinator
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Mission Advancement
WORK HOURS: 37.5 Hours Per Week
DATE: October 2022
WORK LOCATION: MidPointe Cincinnati
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for the recruitment, onboarding, recognition, and ongoing engagement of Volunteers at Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio (CCSWO). This position demands a balance of detail-oriented administration, engagement and collaboration with staff, volunteers, and the public.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop, promote and maintain volunteer opportunities within CCSWO.
- Manage the recruitment, application process, placement and onboarding of volunteers.
- Maintain VolunteerHub database profiles and hardcopy files (as necessary), ensuring files meet with agency and Archdiocese of Cincinnati policies.
- Ensure volunteer compliance with Child Protection Decree, SafeParish training and Criminal Background Checks.
- Enter and maintain record of volunteer hours ensuring accurate record keeping, timely statistics and activity reports on volunteer participation, using VolunteerHub software.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to identify program and Agency needs to create volunteer opportunities. Place volunteers as appropriate to the needs of the agency and interests and abilities of the volunteers.
Engagement and Collaboration
- Participate in volunteer opportunities as feasible to build familiarity with volunteers and ensure safe practices and environment.
- Collaborate with program staff and directors to ensure appropriate training and supervision of volunteers.
- Annually conduct volunteer satisfaction survey and maintain a volunteer program logic model for planning and assessment.
- Plan and lead periodic volunteer recognition events and activities.
- Nurture and empower volunteers to take leadership and support roles among volunteers and in programs.
- Attend volunteer recruitment and other community events to represent the agency.
- Recruit and onboard short-term volunteers for events, such as health fairs, special events, and food pantries.
- Collaborate with the senior services staff regarding volunteers age 55 or older.
- Collaborate as a member of the Development and Marketing Staff and Mission Encounter Team to facilitate a culture of solidarity and empowerment of all who engage in the mission of Catholic Charities.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
Minimum Qualifications and Skills Required:
- College degree required
- Experience in the management of volunteers
- Experience using volunteer management software or constituent databases (CRM)
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office and other collaborative platforms
- Experience in working with diverse populations
- Flexibility and strong organizational skills for independent daily management
- Friendly personality and excellent customer service skills
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Fluent in Spanish
- Experience with VolunteerHub management software
Employees of Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio will have knowledge of the Catholic faith, a willingness to work for a Catholic, faith-based agency and adhere to the policies of Catholic Charities. Employees will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
Typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues.
Must be able to meet the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment
- Talk to other employees/clients and hear them;
- See and be able to read, write, and interpret written documents
- Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 25 pounds
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes will be accepted until position is filled.