POSITION TITLE: Youth Education Coordinator
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Su Casa Hispanic Center
REPORTS TO: Supervisor, Education Services
SUPERVISORY: Yes, volunteers
WORK HOURS: 37.5 per week
WORK LOCATION: Mid-Pointe Cincinnati
DATE: April 2022
This position assists the Education Services Supervisor in implementing educational classes and programs for the youth served at CCSWO. Under the direction of the supervisor, the YEC coordinates Su Casa’s summer academic enrichment camp, Vacaciones Útiles, now in its 14th year; plans and coordinates after school tutoring programs (virtual and in-person). Acts as a liaison between Su Casa Hispanic Center and local schools to support ELL students with culturally sensitive, bilingual programs to close opportunity and educational achievement gaps.
Essential Job Functions:
- Facilitate all youth education programs including after school tutoring and academic summer camp.
- Provide education instruction as needed or directed by the Education Services Supervisor.
- Create educational content, promotional flyers, and training presentations. Prepare materials for programs.
- Coordinate and manage volunteers necessary for programs to run at full capacity – including volunteer onboarding, training, ongoing support, and evaluations.
- Communicate with parents and students regarding expectations, scheduling, program activities; recruit and register children/families for programs.
- Collaborate with community partners and local schools to provide educational programming to their students.
- Assist with planning and implementation of academic summer programs.
- Maintain student attendance and achievement records and provide monthly operations reporting.
- Act as a liaison with the Education department and Su Casa/Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio departments to coordinate client services.
- Act as a liaison between Su Casa Hispanic Center and the Schools in which we offer tutoring services. Attend community events representing Su Casa.
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- Supervises volunteers and interns.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, linguistics, or an equivalent degree.
- Experience working with children ages 3-12 in an academic capacity in a school, tutoring, or summer camp environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications, database management, and related computer skills.
- Experience with platforms used for remote learning and content creation such as Google Classroom, Kahoot, Canva, Quizlet, etc.
- Experience serving diverse international populations/working with immigrant Hispanic/Latino children.
Must have competency in MS Office, familiarity with Google Workspace/Drive, and knowledge of online educational programs required. Must be able to enter and retrieve data using computer data management systems applications, and other office equipment. Must have intermediate to advanced level of computer knowledge, and ability to implement technology for remote learning.
Employees of Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio will have knowledge of the Catholic faith, a willingness to work for a Catholic, faith-based agency and adhere to the policies of Catholic Charities. Employees will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
Job will be performed in a typical classroom environment, with supervision of outdoor recreation activities required. Must be able to work inside and outside in summer weather conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.